From visualizing carbon emissions from buildings to wireless charging for EVs, meet the start-ups set to trail new tech in the UK.
SHIFT and Connected Places Catapult have launched a UK Testbed Initiative with the Korean International Trade Association (KITA). Eight innovative South Korean startups addressing challenges related to urban mobility and net zero have been selected to validate their technologies in the UK.
The UK Testbed initiative builds Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park’s international reputation as London’s living testbed for better urban futures and reenforces Milton Keynes’ position as a leading, digital city which promotes innovation. The project also introduces Korean start-ups to the British market by providing access to technical and market expertise and support to conduct technology testing in the United Kingdom.
Innovation challenge statements were designed based on locally identified needs, and South Korean companies were invited to respond. The most exciting, impactful products were selected, and the Catapult and SHIFT facilitate access to test environments in Milton Keynes and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The South Korean delegation will be in London 14th-17th November. The visit will mark the official launch of the programme and introduce the Korean delegation to stakeholders from SHIFT, Connected Places Catapult and the wider UK tech ecosystem.
The SMEs selected are as follows:
- Ninewatt – Software which visualises the carbon emissions data of buildings on a 3D map. The Carbon Saving Solution Report analyses energy consumption and bill data and suggests saving solutions.
- Monnit Korea – An IoT wireless sensor monitoring solution which allows for Integrated real-time monitoring of infrastructure, building facilities and indoor/outdoor environmental conditions.
- PiQuant Co. Ltd – An integrated indoor air quality monitoring IoT solution to manage the indoor air quality of buildings and facilities and optimise HVAC systems based on real-time monitoring data.
- CLROBUR – An AI-integrated autonomous and automatic flight ground control platform (GCP) which uses urban air traffic management (UATM) for surveillance and monitoring
- Deeping Source– A data anonymisation tool for AI. The software removes all personal information from videos and images.
- Nota AI -Camera-based traffic monitoring solutions running on edge devices with real-time processing
- Quisens – AI image analysis of aerial/satellite image for green and solar panels and Rent-A-Rooftop platform.
- WiPowerOne – A wireless power charging solution for EVs (E-bus, E-truck, E-car etc.)
Tickets to attend the Trade Association Industry Day are free via a registration here